Monday 29 August 2011

Happy Blogiversary to Me!


(Picture taken from Searching the Inner Me)
Happy Blogiversary to me! I can't quite believe it, but I have been blogging for 4 years. From August 19 actually, but I only realised it today. Where has the time gone?

It's been a roller coaster ride of fun, not so fun and learning all the way. I've made great friends all over the world and have been privileged to share in their blogging lives too.

In honour of this auspicious birthday, I've decided to have a little bit of a giveaway! Two winners will be randomly selected from all comments left by midnight, Sunday September 4th, and they will receive either of these two lovelies:


Lisa Souza Sock! Merino in the Josephs Coat colourway. There's 560 yards of yummy 100% Merino in there, enough to make anything from socks to shawls and even mittens. I made a pair of Jared Floods scrummy Druid Mittens using just half a skein of this yarn before. Mmm.

The second offering is some lovely laceweight:


Knit Picks Shimmer in the Deep Woods colourway. 440 yards of 70% Alpaca, 30% Silk goodness. This stuff is really squishy and nom.

So, leave a comment telling me what you like best and least about my blog and if there is anything I could do to improve or anything you would like to see added and I'll pick a winner on Monday!

Good knitting!

12 comments:

Deirdre said...

Both of those yarns are lovely Happy Blogiversary.

Currantine said...

PICK ME!!! PICK ME!!!

I love, love, LOVE your pattern reviews as they are both extremely informative (especially in terms of substituting yarns and the price of knitting the patterns using the pattern suggested yarn) and hilariously funny. Seriously, it's like you're in my head.

There isn't really anything I don't like about your blog to be honest - not trying to sound like I'm fawning or anything. Genuinely just can't think of something where I'm all "LORD, what was THAT all about..."

PlayingWithFibre said...

I love the reviews; your witty use of sarcasm is very ... true to life! If I'm really picky, I don't like the fact that the burd in your blog header has her boobs hanging out. You're a knitter, woman! knit her a brassiere / boob covering! She looks cold ;)

Vasiliki Starborn said...

I love the Lisa Souza yarn. Yummy! I love your blog for many reasons. I recently found your blog and read it every week.

Lou Harmon said...

I like all things that you post. I like the reviews, your yarns, your kitchen, you finished projects, etc. etc. etc.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Oh nice, the yarns are beautiful ! Oh, Happy Blogiversary to youuuuu, Happy Blogiversary.....

Nic said...

Happy Blogiversary to You!

Can't believe it's 4 years. Fun, innit?

Love the pattern reviews and sarky comments.

sheknitupthat said...

Ooh these are both awesome prizes!!

I love when you talk about EZ because you are so passionate about her and her work, and it really shines through.

Mairin said...

I love your reviews, but the day-to-day posts are great too. (Loved the new kitchen).

Same dislike as eimearee: the woman in the header. She doesn't seem to go all that well with the rest of the blog. But hey! Maybe it's just me ;-)

Happy Blogiversary!

HelenMc said...

Happy blogiversary. I really enjoy your pattern reviews and appreciate the effort to source suitable yarns locally.

Tara said...

I've been away from your blog for so long, and of COURSE I choose to catch up while you're having a giveaway! So you can recognize me for the shameless yarn trollop I really am, heh.

Seriously though, congrats on 4 years of fantastic blogging. It's a privilege being part of your (online) life :)

Chase & Snow Oy said...

Happy blogiversary! Your pattern reviews are golden, as well as whatever yarns you buy & show us :)