Friday 16 September 2011

Tweedy Goodness

Tweed. Yum. I love tweed, especially when it's Irish yarn. Alice's Rossbeg is flying along, I cast off the body this evening. Here's the back:


And here's the front:

It's coming along great, isn't it? It fits Alice really well too. I'm delighted with it so far. Just the button bands and the sleeves to go!

Last Tuesday at knit night, one of the lovely ladies gave me this ball of Rowan Kid Silk Haze in a gorgeous shade of deep Aubergine purple:

It's a woegeous picture, it's really hard to photograph dark purple in the evening! But you get the idea. Now I have to think of something nice to knit with it! Wasn't it a lovely gift? Knitters are great. :)

Good knitting and have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Máiréad said...

Rossbeg looks gorgeous. Is it a very girly design up close or would a boy get away with it in a boyish shade?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how quickly Alice's jumper is coming along. I'm in awe of your knitterly skillz. Also envious of your kid silk, purple is my favourite colour.

Carol said...

Some speedy knitting! It looks great on her.

Chase & Snow Oy said...

I love tweed! Looking very, very good.

Knitrageous said...

The tweed is a beautiful color! Reminds me of fall!. I can't wait to see what your gift yarn becomes. All of your work is beautiful!

Nic said...

Lovely Rossbeg.

..ahem..cough..(Miss Potters!)...cough...

Tara said...

Wow, it's certainly flying off the needles! Alice is going to love it :)