Tuesday 6 November 2007

Yarn Pr0n extravaganza

***WARNING - PICTURE HEAVY POST AHEAD***

O.M.G. I have just spent about 2 hours putting all of the yarn I have bought on vacation into my Ravelry Stash. I had no idea I had bought so much!

Let me start by saying I had a great holiday. It was so much fun travelling to all of the yarn shops and squeezing all of the lovely offerings!
Apologies for the pictures of Mickey Mouse's foot in the background of most of the pictures, it's the throw on my sofa bed.
So, without further ado, let me begin.

Purchased from Knit 'N Needle Nook, Mt Dora, Fla:
A lovely store only recently opened.

Jade Sapphire Lacey Lamb:

100% Wool from Mongolia I think. Really light laceweight and soo soft!



Misti International Lace Baby Alpaca:


Again, really soft yarn!



Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino in Foxy Lady:


I'd been looking for some of this yummy sock yarn.

Tilli Tomas Voile De La Mer in Decco Coral:

I couldn't get Handmaiden Sea Silk, so this is my substitute for the Montego Bay Scarf.

Next up, my purchases from Sip & Knit, Maitland, Fla. Another lovely store with a really helpful owner!

Ella Rae Classic:

I'm unsure what to do with this yet, but it's 100% wool, so will be very adaptable.

Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool:

Yum, yum, Tangled Yoke Cardigan here I come!

Cascade 220:

This is purely a stash indulgence, I've heard so much about how versatile this yarn is I just had to have some!

Dream In Color Smooshy:

How gorgeous is this sock yarn? I hope I can do it justice!

Feza Kid Mohair:

A total impulse purchase. I don't really know why I bought this, not being a fan of mohair. Suggestions of what to knit with it are welcome!

Jagger Spun Zephyr Silk/Wool:

Simply gorgeous. The color is Coral, a gorgeous pinky peach shade. I have a pattern in mind for this, I just can't remember what right now.

Mountain Colors Bearfoot:

The color is called Wildflower. More sock yarn goodies. I'm a bit of a sucker for a nice sock yarn and this one is really soft!

Koigu Premium Merino:

I really wanted Painters Palette, but I couldn't get any, so this was a good second.

Prism Lace Wool:

This yarn is gorgeous. So soft and fine. It's hand dyed in St. Petersburg apparently. The yardage is huge too. I think I'll probably get a couple of shawls from it.

Colinette Jitterbug:

Another yarn I had lusted after. I have heard of splitting and pilling issues, but I still think it looks lovely. Amazing to think this is made in Wales, a country right beside Ireland but cannot readily be got here.

Then on to Jo-ann's on E. Colonial Drive and Michael's off I Drive, where I got these:

Lily Sugar n Cream:





I thought I might attempt some of the really cool washcloths I've seen.

Lion Brand Wool-Ease:





I thought I might try some color work with these. I saw a pair of fantastic gloves on Ravelry that had Hubble Bubble Toil and Trouble on the wristbands that look like they'd be fun to knit.

From there, on to the Interweb and Knit Picks
I got a set of Options Nickel Interchangeable Circulars (which look fantastic) and...
Knit Picks Palette:







Again, no idea what to do with these, but at $1.99 a ball, how could I refuse?

Knit Picks Gloss:



Cocoa and Pumpkin. Luscious names that I think might make a nice pair of socks.

Knit Picks Shimmer:



Pure gorgeousness. Particularly in love with the second one!

And so on to WEBS

Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece:

A beautiful shade called Tea Rose. I plan to use this for the Cable Down Raglan from IK.

Reynolds Soft Sea Wool:





Oh yes, the Reynolds Soft Sea Wool is mine, all mine! The Spiral Boot Socks are imminent!
The Red and Yellow are for the Peek a Boo Cloche hat.

Lastly, on to Lisa Souza

Sock! Merino





I couldn't get any Socks That Rock or Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock so I consoled myself with some Lisa Souza in really evocative names. Mulberry, Joseph's Coat and Blue Flame. Aren't they fab?

I also purchased 3 books/magazines, IK Holiday 2007, One Skein and Sensational Knitted Socks.

And that concludes the yarn pr0n for today. If you have read all the way to the end than your addiction must be as bad as mine!
All I have to do now is figure out how to pay my Visa bill!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, that is a LOT of yarn. And for me to say that, LOL, it must be a LOT! Good for you. I hope all your yummy new yarn brings you endless enjoyment.