Saturday 1 March 2008

Busy Bee

Lots to report this week, it seems!
My hubby very kindly picked me up this last week:
A photo box for taking my knitting pictures! It's a great gadget, you shine a light through the sides and you get lovely crisp pictures. I'm really pleased with it! And it was only €15! Bargain!
At my SnB last week, Lumia brought a bag I had ordered from her recently:
Isn't it cute? I got the name of our knitting group (Knit n Natter) printed on it. She makes all sorts of t-shirts, bags etc. Check out her shop: US Store EU Store
Now, down to my knitting progress.
An FO!
John's Rambo Socks
Pattern: Slipped Stitch Rib Socks from Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Crystal Palace Yarn Panda Cotton, about 2 and a half skeins.
Needles: 2.75mm dpns
I loved this pattern, it was a really easy knit for the car. And, hubby loves them! He's wearing them today after I gave them to him last night for his birthday present. He had a great birthday, we went to the local Indian restaurant, Shimla, for a yummy dinner with his sister, who also celebrated her birthday yesterday. They're not twins, there's 8 years between them, but it's really weird having two leap year babies in the family! Apparently the world "record" is 3, so they're very rare!
Next, the progress on my Tangled Yoke:
I've finished the first sleeve and am on to the second. I'm not very happy with them however.
Have a look below, I've got awful ladders all the way up them
Can you see it? I have pulled and pulled the yarn really tight when changing needles, but to no avail. All I can think of is that the larger dpns (3.75mm) are what is causing it. Fingers crossed they will disappear when I wash it. Otherwise, I'll be very unhappy!
Next, a new project!
I bought Cover Up with Nicky Epstein a few weeks ago as I totally fell in love with the stunning afghans in it. The photography is just wonderful.
So, I have cast on for this:
Trees Breeze. Also known as the Tree of Life Afghan. This pattern is also for sale on the Lion Brand website.
The yarn called for is Lion Brand Wool Ease in Fisherman, but I can't readily get that over here, although I did buy one skein of it when I was in Florida last October. So, I am substituting plain old white baby yarn. I'm making this as a christening present for my niece. Her christening is on April 5 and my husband is godfather, so I thought this would be a nice gift. I hope it turns out ok, the main part of the pattern is fine, it's the edging I'm worried about. It's knit separately and then sewn on. Yuk, I hate sewing. I'm thinking of maybe picking up and knitting it on instead. We'll see when (if) I get that far!
Until next time, I must get practising with my photo box to improve my pictures!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the sleeve ladders disappear after washing, too...I'm guessing that they will. Plus, no one notices things like the one who knits them, do they?? :-)

It was so nice of DH to pick up that box for you.