Wednesday 30 April 2008

Back from my hiatus

Where have I been, I hear you ask... well, I have been in hospital having a small surgery but it has taken a lot out of me and I'm really tired most of the time (not to mention high from the fabulous painkillers!) I'll be off work for another week and a half so hopefully I'll get lots of recuperation and knitting done!

Anyway, back to the knitting.

May I insanely proudly present:


Pattern: Tangled Yoke Cardigan, IK Fall 07
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool 8.5 skeins
Needles: Mostly 3.75mm circs and dpns

I am so happy with the finished product! It doesn't completely fit me, bit I still think it looks great left open over a nice top. The buttons match really well too I think. And, it only took me 6 goes at the cable to get it right! ha, a mere trifle. Yeah right, they nearly killed me! But it was all my own fault, the biggest one being forgetting the 4 stitches either end in stockinette. But, doesn't it look great???

Next onto my hospital knitting.
Belle Époque socks from 2-at-a-time socks. My second attempt at 2 at a time. And my second failure. I put this one down to me getting so confused I couldn't see the woods for the trees. I'm fairly sure had I stuck at it for a few more rounds that I would have got it, but I just lost my temper with it, and I didn't need the hassle when sitting in my hospital bed, so I gave up and went one at a time again.
The more observant of you may have noticed that this is the same yarn I was using for my Pomatomus Socks. Yep, they bit the dust. I just wasn't feeling the pattern love. Maybe with a different yarn at another time, but not with Lornas Laces, well not for me anyway.



Look, I can do intarsia!!!! I am so multi talented (ha). I cast on for these Argyle Socks last Tuesday at SnB and I think they're going great! I know I have made mistakes in the pattern, but I've kept on going as they really are just a learning experience for me. Still, they look gpod and I'm really enjoying them! Apart from the knots in all of the yarns dangling down! Since this photo today I've finished the colour chart and am on the heel. It took me about an hour to weave in all the ends!




My husband bought me Simply Knitting magazine, May issue to read while I was in hospital. I saw the pattern for this, and cast on as soon as I got home. It only took me one day!

Pattern: Tidy Twist from Simply Knitting May 2008
Yarn: Craftspun Yarn Donegal tweed, half a skein of blue and red.
Needles: the pattern calls for 6.5mm but I used 5.5mm

I have enough yarn left over to make another one with the main shade red and the pockets blue. I think I'll make it for my parents, they're always losing the remotes!

So, even though I haven't been blogging, I have been busy knitting.... whether it's any good is another matter altogether; drugs do strange things to you...


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're doing well! Your TY cardi is beautiful--I'm happy you persevered (I don't know if could have kept going through 6 cable attempts!). Recover & get some knitting in.