Monday 23 June 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Project Progress time.

Toe Up Socks using Noro Kureyon Sock and Amy Swenson's Universal Toe Up Sock Formula
I dunno about this technique. I chose it because I want to make ankle socks to wear with my sandals on holidays. I'm not much cop with wrapping stitches, but I'll get there with practice I suppose. I don't like the yarn either, really scratchy and awfully thick and thin in places. Not one of my greatest pleasures to knit.




Medallion Top from VK Spring/Summer '08
Loving this pattern, not the yarn as I've said before. Plus, I have a dilemma. I bought 13 skeins of the yarn, and after completing the front & back I only have 3 left. Will that be enough for the sleeves? I doubt it, the yardage is so poor on this yarn. I really don't want to buy any more of it, as at €5.95 per ball it's not a cheap project! Could I knit the sleeves two at a time from the top down and just keep going until I run out?? I have no idea what to do. Hubby said to buy more, but I really don't want to if I can help it. I think I read somewhere before that sleeves take about 1/3 of the yarn required to make the body, which was 10 balls. Does that mean I'll run out just at the end?? I'm so confused and p****d off about it now...

Oh and by the way, I didn't win the Scavenger Hunt :( (Ravelry Link:) Deimne did. Congrats Deimne! Still, it was fun! I am surprised that there was only one placing though, I thought there was going to be a first second third etc.

It was my birthday yesterday and I got a bounty of knitting goodies!
More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch
Favorite Socks by Interweave
Knitting Without Tears by EZ
Knitting Around by EZ
The Opinionated Knitter by EZ
Knitting Workshop book and DVD by EZ!

Isn't my hubby the best? How he kept all that hidden in the house I don't know... and breakfast in bed!
My lovely Mam & Dad also gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and paid for my scrummy Indian dinner out last night.
I love birthdays!

3 comments:

Irene said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - you wonder knitter!

At long last I got this comment function to work.

Tara said...

Hi Sinéad!

Thanks so much for reading my blog! I love it when readers de-lurk and leave comments! Makes me feel like a superstar.

I agree with you on the Noro. While I love their colours, I really don't care for the actual yarn. Silk Garden is marginally better, but the sock yarn is too skinny and scratcy for my taste!

Yarn Cat said...

Sinead,
I also want to thank you for reading my blog and leave comments! I like your top here. At first I thought it is the one from Fitted knit, it does look a bit similar.