Monday 30 June 2008

Quick Report

No pictures today, I'm in work and flickr is blocked :(

I've finished the first sleeve on my Medallion Top, and have started the second. I had to buy the other ball of yarn (thanks ThisIsKnit for holding it for me!) and even at that it's going to be a tight squeeze. The sleeve took a smidgeon over two balls to do, and I have two balls and another smidgeon left to finish the sleeve and sew the side and sleeves in. Fingers crossed I'll have enough, otherwise what could I use to sew the seams??

No real progress on the Noro socks other than I've finished the first one and am onto the foot of the second. The second toe looks much better than the first now I have the hang of the wrapping (sort of, I can't see the wrapped stitches for the life of me, so I have to do all the wrapping in one go while I count)

I had a fab weekend, I went to the first Oireachtas (pronounced ear-ocht-iss) Family Fun Day yesterday. The Oireachtas is the Irish government buildings (think Capitol Hill or the British Houses of Parliament) and there was an open day for everyone to tour the debating floors and see all the portraits of past leaders along with visiting dignatories. There was a fabulous flag donated by JFK of the Irish regiments that fought in the American Civil war. There were also acrtobats, musicians and artisan food stalls.

I'll post more about it when I have pictures.

2 comments:

david santos said...

I loved this post and this blog,
Happy day

Tara said...

If you're using an invisible seam, it shouldn't matter which yarn you use, so long as it's the same weight.