Sunday 18 January 2009

Bolero Done

So I've finished the bolero for Alice's communion. What do you think?
I can't say it's the best thing I've ever done, there was too much seaming for my liking. But, thanks to Maria at my S&B I got some great tips. Particularly the border around the front. Still, it fits, matches the dress and Alice likes it.
So, job done! I only used three of the 6 balls I bought, so I'm looking for something else to do with it. Perhaps sone fingerless gloves for her? I've no idea of a pattern though, all I can find are adult sizes.



Yarn: Sublime Yarns Baby Cashmere Merino silk DK
Needles: 3.75mm and 4.5mm
Progress is coming along on my Jaywalkers. I've turned the heel on the first sock. I still think they are a bit big, but I'll continue and see how it turns out.

Short but sweet for this week; not that much else to report except that it snowed here last night. A smattering compared with most other countries, but snow in Ireland is quite an uncommon event. Yuk. I hate it. I fall flat on my butt at every opportunity and it's cold. boo.

5 comments:

knititch said...

it is great that this particular garment is your favourite as it is going to be used by a special person on a special day.

yay

Bionic Laura said...

That bolero is lovely. It'll be very sweet when combined with the communion dress on the big day. It's nice that she'll get to wear something her Mum made too.

Alrischa said...

The edging is very cute. Bet it was nice knitting with cashmere merino silk!

My outside thermometer says 41 degrees celsius outside right now! I'm doing some cotton knitting. lol.

Enjoy your snow!

Anonymous said...

That bolero is adorable! I love the sock color, too.

Tara said...

Great job on the bolero! Hmmm, what could you make to go with that yummy yarn? I love the colour of your jaywalkers! So glad you decided to keep at it. ;)