Happy New Year to you all - may 2009 bring all you wish for and more.
If it's half as good as last year for me then I'll be doing well...
Just looking back at my Finished Objects list for 2008 and I completed 30 projects last year. Not bad going eh? I'm really chuffed with that!
I promised myself that I'd make some resolutions so here goes. I know this is probably not very interesting for you, dear reader, but it's important to me that I have this list somewhere other than in my head; it may spur me on to stick to it!
I have two lists; Knitterly Resolutions and Personal Resolutions.
1. Knit every day. Even if it's one row.
2. Knit a new sweater for my Dad. He loves the Hand in Hand Cable Sweater I made him so much he wears it nearly every day.
3. Knit a Fair Isle garment
4. Learn to use Mams sewing machine so that I can
5. Steek the Fair Isle sweater and make it either a Henley neck or a cardigan.
6. Try and learn to knit continentally.
7. Design a pattern of my own.
8. Destash. How else can I buy more when we go back to Florida?
1. Stop smoking
2. Lose weight.
3. Do the Wii Fit for 30 mins at least 4 times a week.
4. Spend more quality time with my family, particularly my daughter.
5. Say Yes more often, rather than No automatically.
6. Get some help for Mam & Dad.
7. Try and perform better at work. I know I hate my job, but I should just get on with it.
8. Drink less.
Right. Done. Now when I check back in a few months we can see whether I've made any progress. I don't expect to change overnight, but baby steps will get there eventually too, right?
A Nua Kind Of Inspiration
1 hour ago