Wednesday 11 August 2010

My Craft Room

Well we've finally finished decorating. For now. Alice's bedroom looks great, but you're not here to see that!
We hit Ikea on Tuesday and spent the day yesterday and today assembling flat pack furniture and sorting everything out.

Here's my new craft room. This will also become John's music room, but for now it's all mine. And I love it.

This was just some of my pile of yarn that I needed to store away. It was just a small fraction. Until I put it all together in one place, I honestly never knew I had so much! It was a bit scary to be honest!

Here's the room now:
Isn't it lovely and restful? You'd never know this had been a sugar plum pink little girls room until last Saturday.
This is my knitting book shelf. There's two drawers underneath for all my needles & notions.

All my magazines so far are on the bottom. And my iPad with Pirate Sam the puppet. Have to get the gratuitous iPad shot in :)
Looks like an inocuous wardrobe door, no?
Boom! Storage galore! I love it. All my yummy yarns in nice boxes. The two hanging shoe racks weren't in the earlier picture of the yarn on the floor, but they were in the wardrobe in the other room. On top of what you can see is another pile. They are all my acrylics.
Basically the whole wardrobe is stuffed full of my yummy yummy yarn. This can now definitely be called a woolrobe!


I absolutely adore my new room. I can see myself spending many a lovely evening in here, knitting away or flicking through all of my books. I think I'll have to get a docking station for my iPad or iPod so I can listen to podcasts while I knit.
I can't wipe the smile off my face, I have a craft room!
In knitty news, I decided to make a childs version of the sooper seekrit vest I made Dad. I think it might be a good idea if I send in a childs version as well as the adult one. I'm going to make this one a cardigan with a steek all the way down the front. Since I steeked the vest, I'm loving steeking!
This is the yarn I'm going to use, it's the recycled yarn from the disastrous Flutter Sleeve Cardigan I made myself before. It's Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece.


My sheep has come home. He rests on the windowsill of my craft room, overseeing all my crafty endeavours.


On Monday I brought my Mam, Dad & Aunt out for a spin. We ended up in Howth and had a lovely time wandering along the seafront.
While we were there, we came across a gang of seals begging at the dockside.
Aren't they cute?



I hope you're all feeling inspired to go and organise your stashes!
Good knitting!

12 comments:

Averil said...

WOW! I am so jealous! I wish I had a craft room.. Wishing you many happy hours there with your knitting.

sheknitupthat said...

I *love* it!!

Also: SEALS!

Bionic Laura said...

Fantastic! It's such a restful organised room. I bet you'll have so much fun hanging out in there...

Nic said...

OMG! So impressed and sooooo jealous! Well done you. Enjoy!

Nic said...

OMG! So impressed and sooooo jealous! Well done you. Enjoy!

craft-chick said...

Congrats on the craft room! Every good Craft Chick needs one! Love the seal photos. Oh, and I absolutely LOVE that I see the book Knitted Icons on your shelf...I have it too and love just looking through it (although I love looking through all my knitting books). Enjoy your new room!

kelgell said...

Oo congratulations on a splendid looking craft room. I have a craft room sort of but it's not neatly organised and I'm moving next month. You certainly have a lot of wool. Better get knitting!

zita said...

Wow! Super jealous. That "before" picture is something I can relate to! I'm taking a week off work to do some home decorating next week, and emulating your set-up has just made my "to-do" list. Hmm, organising yarn might not feel like such a holiday :)

Máirín said...

Add my name to the envious list! It looks so good.

Tara said...

You've done it! You've achieved the dream! A craft room with a closet full of yarn!!!

Unknown said...

Love your craft room... someday I will get one of my very own! I love hearing about Ireland. I am in Boston, but we still have family in County Clare. I dream of someday coming over for a visit. You snap of the seals makes me think of one of my favorite movies... The Secret of Roan Inish. It is a story about a seal who has her pelt stolen and she has to live as a human on land. She has a baby and the story is about how the family deals with this problem. Great shoots of Ireland and great soundtrack. Cheers!

Erin said...

Love your craft room... someday I will get one of my very own! I love hearing about Ireland. I am in Boston, but we still have family in County Clare. I dream of someday coming over for a visit. You snap of the seals makes me think of one of my favorite movies... The Secret of Roan Inish. It is a story about a seal who has her pelt stolen and she has to live as a human on land. She has a baby and the story is about how the family deals with this problem. Great shoots of Ireland and great soundtrack. Cheers!