Friday 18 July 2008

Full of Motivation

*grrr* I had this post all typed up last night and when I clicked publish Blogger ate it! So, this is probably not what I had originally posted, but hey, its early in the morning, I'm in work and only getting my cup of coffee now.
On the plus side, I appear to be able to get to my flickr account this morning, so pictures included yay!

Anyway, onto the reason for the post title.

Pattern: Colour Practice Hat by Elizabeth Zimmermann from Knitting WorkshopYarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease, less than 1 skein black, scrap of red
Needles: 4mm

I am so proud of myself, my first stranded colourwork piece. I can't believe it's so easy! I don't know why I was so afraid of it, but thanks to EZ I decided to learn how to become a better knitter. I love this DVD and book, she's so straightforward and no nonsense. Exactly what you need when trying something new.

I tell you, this won't be my last stranded project, I'm eyeing up my hubbys dimensions for a Norwegian Ski type sweater in yummy grey and creams mmmm. If I can do this I can do anything! I am invincible!! hee hee

My daughter has bagged the hat for going back to school which is good as in honesty she's the only one it would fit. We must have big heads in our family (no jokes please :))

Next up a new project.

It's a Matinee jacket from a really old Patons baby book I borrowed from a friend. My sister in law asked me to make a cardigan for her 6 month old daughter as she has nothing pink so here we go!

I don't mind, I love pink! It's a cute pattern, kind of faux scallops along the front with YO either side. There's no button band in this pattern, just a picot edge so I may try and put a button band instead, or maybe two ribbon ties?? I have really cute little toadstool buttons dying for a home.

Have a great weekend everyone, and try something you've never tried before, it's great fun!

1 comments:

Tara said...

Good for you, trying something new! The trouble with knitting for a long time is that you tend to fall into a comfort zone with your knitting, and then you're reticent to explore new things. Maybe I should check out that EZ DVD (there's also one by Lucy Neatby that's apparently quite good). I'd like to become more adept at colour work.