Wednesday 5 August 2009

Happy Thoughts

Think happy thoughts, that's what I keep telling myself. That way I can cheer myself up a bit.
So, I'm enjoying the bit of evening sunshine here today.
Some prospective knitty news:

My best friend is currently expecting her 3rd child in December. She has two boys and we were both praying for a girl. She had her first scan yesterday, and, it's 95% certain to be a girl!!! I'm so thrilled for her, she was crying on the phone to me with happiness. She's had a tough few months so I'm really pleased she has some good news. Although, the pressure is on to knit pink! I don't know where I'm going to find the time!
Here's the pics of the cotton bibs I made last week:
I made two of these. Bear in mind that it needs a press with a steam iron to flatten out the petals!
Pattern: Petal Baby Bib from One Skein (Ravlink)
Needles: 3.5mm for the bib, 2.75mm dpn for the Icord
Yarn: Zettl Colorado cotton

I used smaller needles than called for to make the bibs a little bit smaller for a newborn and also to make the Icord a little bit firmer. And, to be honest, as they were the only dons I had in my "bag 0' bits" on holidays!

I love this pattern, I will make more of these for sure.
I've made three others of this before for charity, they're such a quick knit, I get one done in an evening. So, at least I've begun the baby knitting!


Work progresses slowly on the Liberty Bell Afghan:
Not a huge amount to look at, but that there represents a few knitting hours, let me tell you!
I'm about halfway through Chart 2.

Each row is taking ages as I need to de-tangle before I start. It's enjoyable enough though, so I can't complain. Although it's not the best tv knitting in the evening project I've ever had. But, that's the only chance I'm getting to do it, as it's not exactly portable!

So, I cast on a portable project, socks for Alice! I'm not going to partake in the Cookie A KAL this month. Instead, I've started these:
Sunday Swing Socks from Knitty.

I'm not sure it's the best meld of pattern & yarn, but it's easy and soothing to knit, so I carry it everywhere with me and knit it at lunch in work so calm the nerves.
There's something a little Harry Potter, "jolly hockey sticks" about the stripes too, I think.
I really must get cracking with some pink girly baby knits though. I would love to make my friend a blanket, as her youngest son loves the one I made him, but I just don't think I'm going to have the time.

Yay! squishy chubby girly cheeks on the way!

1 comments:

Tara said...

I really like that bib pattern! I'm going to have to root through the stash and find some suitable yarn. There IS a baby girl on her way, after all.