Wednesday 9 December 2009

The Prodigal Sock

It's back! I knew it would come back to me. Whether it would still love me or not was another matter.

The precious prodigal lost sock.
I think it's still a bit annoyed with me, but I am doing my best to resolve any issues with lots of love and promises to finish it ASAP.
I have offered heartfelt apologies for the abandonment and have squished it several times.
I can only hope it's enough.

I'm trying to focus on good news today, after the atrocity that was the Irish budget today.
I don't want to think about how much money has been taken from my pay packet as a "public sector worker". I really don't. I was planning on taking 6 weeks off this year to mind Alice while the creche is closed and also to give my Dad a break and look after Mam, but I have to decide tonight if I can still afford it as I have to give my final answer tomorrow. So sad that they might suffer as a result of the governments mismanagement of all the wealth that was created in this country over the last 10 years.

OK, rant over. I need to focus on positive stuff, for my own sanity.

So, in positive stuff, the reporter rang back today, did an interview and wants to take my picture to put in the local paper with the article! OMG! I told her that it was a no go unless they took out the HUGE airbrush.
I was also fairly honest about how much knitting costs if you don't use acrylic, and how expensive a hobby it was (for me anyway) so it'll be interesting to see how much it gets edited to suit their article.
She has arranged to call tomorrow evening @ 7pm. In my idiocy I said ok, but I'm going to see Depeche Mode tomorrow. It's unreal how I can forget this stuff. I have been dying to see them for nearly a year! I lurve this band. (Dave Gahan in white jeans, swoon) But it was all forgotten when the reporter rang.
So, I'll have to ring them in the morning and see if we can work something else out.

In other celebrity news, I got a grope of Gabriel Byrne yesterday! I was walking out of my office on the way home when I practically walked into him. Of course I had to fumble him a bit whilst I said sorry! ;) Roman hands and Russian fingers lol...
BTW, he's GORGEOUS in real life, but really skinny. I reckon I could sort him out with some good home cooking.

2 comments:

UnderMeOxter said...

Yeay! for the return of the prodigal sock. Getting a grope of Gabriel Byrne is a good way to celebrate. Beats slaying fatted calves, for starters.
Re the budget. These things work out. I don't know how: It's a mystery. Not to minimise the angst you're feeling right now. But worry doesn't do anything except make you sick. (((hugs)))

Tara said...

Seeing Depeche Mode and groping Gabriel Byrne sounds like a fine way to end the week :) I'm sure you and the prodigal sock will make up in no-time, just be sure not to tell it about the fling you had with the new Cookie A. sock you cast on during your separation.