Wednesday 28 April 2010

Sockdown

I finished the Plain Ol Socks! So glad. I actually finished them on Monday night. It just goes to show you how much you can get done if you have insomnia & are waiting in hospitals for hours. I knit almost one full sock in a day! That has to be my best so far.

Pattern: Made up out of my head from previous socks
Yarn: Berroco Comfort Sock. Not my fave sock yarn, but hubby loves it coz no wool.
Needles: 2.5mm Knit Picks Harmony dpns

I enjoyed the mindlessness of the sock, and the finished article is quite good, even if one of the toes looks a little different to the other. That's what happens when I wing it. Still, hubby loves them, and that's all that matters to me.

So, thanks for all your votes on what socks to make for my Dad. I have decided on the Sailors Ribbing socks from More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch:

They are perfect mens socks I think, plain enough, but not so plain that I'd lose the biscuit after Johns socks :) Although, I'm unsure about the heel. I think I'll stick with my old reliable slipped stitch heel. I think it lasts much longer.
Also, see how good they look on the sock blockers? Yeah. I bet those ones are the right size, unlike my mini feet ones :( Bloody US vs UK shoe sizes. Gets me every time.
Let's see if I can get them finished by this day next week. I doubt it, but it's worth trying. If I don't get them done by then, at least I can have them finished by the time he comes out of the hospital. In fact, that might be better, a kind of welcome home gift, and one that I can put a few prayers into. We'll see.

Either way, I have to get some more baby knitting done. My friend is due in Sept, and I've only the Hemlock blanket done so far. I'd love to have a few more bits for her, so I think I'm definitely going to do some more of the petal cotton bibs. Other than that, I'm in search of some asexual baby patterns!

Hubby is away tomorrow night in Sligo, so it's a girls night chez moi. Yeah!

Good knitting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks are perfect -- they look toasty and warm, just what socks should be.

I really like the Sailors ribbing pattern -- I have that book and may have to give it a try now.

Tara said...

Thank GOD!!! I love Charlene's patterns, they give you so many options! Wonder if you finished them in time? Will read on, the suspense is killing me! lol