Thursday 6 May 2010

First hurdle over

Dad is out of his operation and in Intensive Care. I couldn't get much out of the nurse other than everything went according to plan.
He was really groggy & very scared. He wouldn't let go of my hand, the poor man.
I'm so glad the operation is over, hopefully he'll be better tomorrow when the anaesthetic has worn off more. They hope to move him to a regular surgical ward tomorrow morning.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes & prayers today, they really meant a lot to me & him.
I just sat in the car in the carpark & cried & cried when I left him. A combination of relief and seeing him with all those tubes & machines connected.

So, the first hurdle is over. The next step is recovery.

5 comments:

Nic said...

So glad to hear that things went reasonably ok. I hope you hear news of good result soon and that he recovers well.

You too! Stressful much?

Anonymous said...

It's got to be tough, but you're handling it very well. Cry when you need to--it helps.

Bionic Laura said...

Great news that the operation went well. Here's hoping he'll be looking better tomorrow and that he'll be moved from the ICU. Keeping you guys in my thoughts.

Unknown said...

I´m glad you´re over the first hurdle, my thoughts are with you both. *hugs*

Tara said...

The first hurdle is the hardest one to surmount. Glad it's behind you.