Thursday 9 September 2010

Ho hum

So, not much happening, visually, since my last post. It might not look like much, but it is progress:


I finally decided to buy another wheel of the unspun in the brown colour to finish off the main pattern. Thankfully The Yarn Room had some left! It's looking great so far, but you'll have to trust me on that. All will become clear upon blocking.

Otherwise, my other "main" wip has been languishing.
Fern Leaf sock no. 1:



Hidden in my project bag. The poor thing. It deserves to see some sunlight, don't you think? The poor sock has only been allowed out on Tuesday knit nights for the last ages. Hence the lack of progress:




It's not much, but I still class it as progress. I've turned the heel and finished the gusset decreases, so it's plain foot sailing from now until the toe. I should get some done tomorrow, I've to bring Mam to the dermatologist in the morning and pick Dad up from the hospital afterwards. He had his hernias removed today. Thank god all seems to have gone well.

So I'm staying in my Mams tonight, let the fun continue! It's been a long day so far, repeated questions are to be expected. Tomorrow morning shall be fun, however, she detests hospitals. I foresee a large argument in the morning to get her there.

In the mean time, good knitting!

1 comments:

Tara said...

Big projects can be murder towards the end. You're knitting and knitting, and NOTHING seems to be happening! Can't wait to see it finished and blocked though. Good luck with your Mam tomorrow (or today, I guess).