Monday 10 January 2011

Back Down to Business

After the euphoria of the last few days that saw my pattern released (up to 168 favourites!!!) it's high time I got back to business.

My Spiral Boot Socks are progressing nicely. I've finished the first one:





I'm pleased enough with it. It's a little tight at the top, but I'd rather that than for it to fall down! Plus I'm sure it'll stretch a little bit when washed and worn.

The second one is going at a great pace too:



I'm about half way up the leg. These should be finished by the end of the week. Then I need to decide what to knit next. I really can't decide. There's nothing that's grabbing me by the scruff of the neck and yelling "KNIT ME NOW". I think I'll have to do some Rav browsing.

My attention was brought to this pattern: Dr. G's Memory Vest . This is a really lovely vest that requires a donation to Alzheimers research to receive the pattern. What a great idea. I wish I'd thought of something like this for Dads vest. Hmm. Maybe I'll try and design a womans cardigan for Mam and have that donate to the Irish Alzheimers society, seeing as how she's the one with the awful disease.

In other news, I was back in work today. Boo. I really miss Twitter when in work! But my day was brightened when hubby brought this home for me to cheer me up. Look!



It's a widdle lamb! That's chocolate! Aww. Cutest chocolate ever. Poor thing, he's long dead now though. He got nibbled with a cup of tea a few minutes ago. He didn't die in vain, I made sure I enjoyed every bit and made sheepy sounds while I devoured him!

Good knitting!

4 comments:

sheknitupthat said...

Really love those socks & hope I have the IK issue to knit them. I think the Alzheimer's donation is a really good idea - there's nothing stopping you going back and editing your pattern on Rav with the paypal donation account for Alzheimers Ireland or smthg.

Anonymous said...

A chocolate lamb, how cute. Glad to know he had a nice, peaceful death, lol.

The sock is looking good. I've never knit a knee-high because I'm so scared I'd never finish. Good for you!

Knitrageous said...

Your socks are fabulous! It almost (almost) makes me want to knit socks! ha ha And congratulations again on your pattern. That is great!

timlandry45@gmail.com said...

I am Tara Landry's uncle and although I am part Irish I must admit I have no idea how to pronounce your first name - and it is driving me NUTS! Is it "Sin-ay-add"?