Wednesday 23 March 2011

The hard slog

This week has been a hard slog. I've been plugging away at this:



My Ethereal Top. I've gone beyone the empire waistband and am on the skirt. I struggled to find a stitch for it, so I decided to stay plain. I just did some purl bands for the waistline:



I don't know if you can see the two bands of purl stitches. I'm increasing 4 sts every 5 rounds to flare out the skirt part, I hope it will be enough to give it some flare. I'm not so sure, but I'm giving it a go!

It was Alice's birthday yesterday, she was 10. TEN! What the hell? A decade old? I have NO idea where those ten years have gone.
I made her Alton Browns Sour Cream Cheesecake from Good Eats. We love our cheesecake here. It was delish:



Needless to say, there's not much left!

Hubby is away until Friday, so I'm having a girly couple of nights. Slushy movies & tv await! Yipee!

Good knitting!

4 comments:

sheknitupthat said...

CAKE! yom

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Oh the Ethereal is coming along fine. So pretty and yes I can see the purl stitching. -- Now that cheese cake is pretty serious looking. Did you say sour cream. Ummmmmmmmm. I'm going to have to google that one. -- Have fun with your girls night out !

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your girl. Wow, the big 10! :-)

The top is coming along, I know it can seem like there's no end in sight, but I bet you finish in no time.

Maryl said...

Happy 10th Birthday to Alice. Love the cheesecake - it looks fab!

Ethereal top is coming on great - the purl rows are apparent. It is a bit of a slog knitting in fine yarn - but it will be worth it in the end.