Monday 3 September 2007

Retro Redux Shrug

I've decided to cast on for the Retro Redux Shrug from Lace Style.
I bought a lovely strappy top today in M&S for €11 in the sale! bargain! BUT, I don't do sleeveless tops. I just went a bit mad and fell in love with the gorgeous pale green colour and the lovely embroidery on the front. Hence the shrug. It will make me feel much more comfortable wearing it.
I have almost 4 balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran left over from Dad's jumper, so I think I'll make it with that. I hope the colours go okay together! I'll post pics of the top and the yarn later.

Progress is coming along nicely on the Premiere Pullover for my friend for Christmas, but as I'm off on holidays in 5 weeks, I want the shrug for then. I figure it'll be perfect for the airplane on the way over and then I can ditch the shrug for the Floridian sunshine when I don't care who sees my flabby arms!

0 comments: