Friday 31 August 2007

Hand In Hand Sweater Finished & some yarn purchases!

I've finished my hand in hand cable sweater! I thoroughly enjoyed this project, I have learned an awful lot from it. I loved the yarn too, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. Lovely and soft.


I also went yarn molesting today. As I scrapped the evil Tivoli Serene Sweater for my friend, I needed a new project for her for Christmas. I've settled on the Premiere Pullover from IK Summer 2005 for her. It recommends Classic Elite Premiere, which I can't get here but I looked at the gauge and I figured any DK yarn would work just as well. So, I trooped over the the yarn store nearest me which is about a 45 m inutes drive. I hate this store as the owner is so unhelpful, but beggars can't be choosers!

Anyway, this is what I got:




It's Robin DK. Only acrylic, but my friend has a baby and a toddler, so I figure she'll need a good workhorse sweater that can take a lot of washing.

While I was there, I couldn't resist these:




A ball of Rowan Bamboo tape. I got it for €1.95, a total steal. I have no plans for it, other than to try out knitting with bamboo.

And this is a ball of Regia sock yarn, also €1.95! I should get a pair of sock for my daughter out of this.
Overall, a good day's shopping!

0 comments: