Sunday 26 August 2007

Almost Finished!

Happy Sunday!

I'm almost finished the sweater! I finished knitting the front last night and I must say the neck shaping was a nightmare. I found it really difficult to follow the pattern correctly. Plus, I noticed that I had finished the armhole reductions before I needed to begin the neck shaping. Still, I have cast it off and it looks good if I say so myself!




Didn't the pattern come out well?? For my first attempt at cabling I'm mega pround of myself. I tried to block it last night but I'm not sure if I did it correctly. I pinned out the front & back to the specified measurements and put a teacloth over it. I spritzed the teacloth with water and steamed the lot with a steam iron. I was afraid to do any more in case I damaged the fibre - it's 55% Merino, 33% Microfobre and 12% Cashmere.
Any other suggestions as to what would be a good and safe way to block it? Thanks!

I had to drive to the other side of the city yesterday to get the 4.5mm 24" circulars to knit up the armholes and neck for it. This city drives me mad that the choice of yarn stores is so poor. My husband had gone to 4 stores in the city centre to find that none of them had the needles required. One of these days I will live the dream and open my own store and make sure I stock them! Of course, while there I couldn't just get what I needed and leave - oh no, I had to indulge in some yarn squeezing and I snapped up this:



- some yummy sock yarn in gorgeous shades of pinks and browns that will be destined for my feet soon. mmm.


Ok, rant over!
Let me know what you think of the sweater so far!
Sinéad

0 comments: