Saturday 28 March 2009

Check this baby out

Look at this, isn't it just gorgeous?


I know I said my Mam had a Singer machine, but it's a huge one in a cupboard with a foot treadle and she uses it to place the tv on in the bedroom. So, I found this one in the cloakroom!

It's a Jones Family CS machine, if that means anything to anyone. I found the manual for it online and with the help of youtube I got it working! So much fun.
Look at the detail on the base plate and the hand crank.
It weighs a TON. It comes in a lovely wooden box too. There's a date stamp on the box that says 1909, so happy 100th birthday! It's in perfect working order too. Not many things you can say that about after 100 years!
It has loads of different feet in a box that I have no idea what they're for or how to use them, but sure I'll experiment and see how it goes.
All I need to do now is figure out how to sew in a straight line!

3 comments:

Nic said...

That's a beauty!

Besides the obvious issue of having absolutely nowhere to keep it, I'm dead jealous!

Good luck with it...

Tara said...

Ooooooooh, so pretty! There's something truly romantic about you sitting at that machine, sweing away into the wee hours of the night!

UnderMeOxter said...

That is sooo beautiful. They really don't make things like they used to.

Enjoy sewing up a storm. At your rate of work you'll have a quilt done by Easter!