Tuesday 17 March 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Beannachtaí Lá Fhéile Pádraig libh go leir! (Happy St. Patricks Day in Irish)

It was an absolutely beautiful day today. The sun was beaming and everyone was outside mowing lawns, chatting etc. Just a beautiful spring day. The time had come, I thought, to teach Alice her latest milestone.

Look at her go! Riding her bike with no stabilisers. Isn't she great? It only tooke her about half an hour and she was whizzing up and down the road. I must admit to getting a bit of a lump in my throat. She's growing so fast! She'll be 8 on Sunday. Actually she should have been 8 today, but she decided she wanted to bake a bit longer before coming into the world.
See all the chalk? Yep, that was her too. Well, and all the other kids on the street too. They decided to decorate the road. Sure no harm done, it'll rain here pretty soon I'm sure and wash it all off.

In knitting news, I've finished the back of the Flutter Sleeve Cardigan:

And the Front Left:

I'm about a third of the way through the Right Front. An easy knit, except for the short rows. I can do the wrap and turn thingy, but knitting the wrap with the stitch still eludes me a little. I tend to end up with holes. I resorted to dropping the stitch and picking it up with a crochet hook. That semed to do the trick.
I still haven't decided whether this is my kind of cardigan or not, I'm reserving judgement until its done. I hope it does suit, otherwise I don't know what I'll do with it!
Enjoy the rest of your St. Patricks Day. May there be ceol(music), craic agus uisce beatha(whiskey) galore!


3 comments:

UnderMeOxter said...

Hope you enjoyed the day. Isn't Alice fab? She looks so confident.

Re knitting the wraps - I like Cat Bordhi's method: she visualises the wrap as a necklace around the stitch that has to be pulled up and over and to the back of the "head" of the stitch it's wrapping; then knit into the back of both stitch and its necklace wrap together. Works for me - not holey-moley!

Tara said...

I enjoyed my whiskey a bit TOO much, actually. But I thought of you, my dear :)

Alrischa said...

Happy St Patrick's day! Hope you enjoy it Ü