Monday 4 May 2009

Good Stripe Dress done!

Yay! It's finished! I'm so happy with it. It was tough going at the end with all those stitches (500) in each round, but I stuck with it and am thrilled with the result:



Pattern: A Good Stripe Dress from IK Spring 2008
Needles: 3mm circs and dpns
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport in Blush, Orchid and Cream

Alice loves it. The poor lamb is sick in bed today otherwise she would have modelled it. I'll post pics next time of her wearing it.

As I said she's not well. All night last night I was up with her, a pain in her belly. I think it was trapped wind. Eventually at about 5am she got sick and has felt much better since. I've kept her in bed with a DVD as a precaution, though I think I'll get her up now for some soup for lunch.

I reckon it was from all the cake and nerves and attention on her communion on Saturday. It was a great day. She looked so gorgeous, I got all teary. My little girl isn't so little anymore! She read a prayer in the church and was just perfect.
The party aftewards was great too. She really enjoyed herself. And the weather was perfect! I knew my prayers would be answered! I put out our statue of the Child Of Prague in the garden the night before. This is a really old Irish tradition, that if you put the statue out the night before your wedding, you're sure to have good weather. Well, this statue saved my bacon on my wedding day so I figured it was worth another try. When we got married it poured for two weeks beforehand yet we had a scorcher of a wedding day. And, it worked again! It was lovely on Saturday, nice and sunny and a light breeze. Perfect.

I'll post pics next time as hubby took them in RAW format (means nothing to me either lol) and they're HUGE in size. I need to get them off the camera and reduced to JPEG and then we're set. The delay is coz our pc died and we had to buy a new one. This means re-installing everything onto it, which takes hours. Still, it's a new shiny one so that's good!

3 comments:

Tara said...

The dress looks wonderful! Can't wait to see it modeled. How did you find working with KNitPicks Shine? Would you recommend it?

We have a similar tradition in Quebec to ensure good weather on your wedding day: we hang a rosary from the clothes line. It worked for me!

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest dress! Hope she feels better soon.

Sel and Poivre said...

Hi there - its my first visit here - clicked over from Ravelry to have a closer look at that fabulous dress you've made! You must be thrilled!

Congratulations on the First Communion - its a big, big day for everyone isn't it!